Uninstalling Windows Media Center from Windows 7 Features may cause installation failures for drivers and other software
Method 1: Re-enable Windows Media Center
- Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features window, click Media Features to expand it, check the Windows Media Center box, click OK, and then restart your computer to complete the install.
Warning: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Follow the steps below to to add the missing key to the registry:
- Click Start and type regedit, in the search box, then click Regedit from the returned list
- Locate the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
- Once you locate the registry subkey, right-click the CurrentVersion registry key , and click New and then click Key
- Type RunOnce in the text area and then press the Enter key on your keyboard
- Exit the Registry Editor
Article ID: 2606237 - Last Review: 09/07/2011 16:05:00 - Revision: 1.0