Multi-Mailbox Search fails if the MemberOfGroup property is used for the management scope in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a management role assignment in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You assign the Mailbox Search Role and the Legal Hold Role to a Role Based Access Control (RBAC) role assignee.
- You define the scope of the role assignment to a recipient filter scope that has the MemberOfGroup filterable property.
- The RBAC role assignee tries to perform Multi-Mailbox Search.
Property 'MemberOfGroup' is not present on object 'user name'.
This issue occurs because there is an unreachable code path in the filter evaluator. The code path should be reached when the filter evaluator checks the MemberOfGroup filterable property.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
2645995 Description of Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about Multi-Mailbox Search, visit the following Microsoft website:
-Filter parameter in Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2), visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2616361 - Last Review: 02/21/2012 04:16:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2616361