IMs are still archived in Outlook after the behavior is disabled by policies in Lync 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You install Microsoft Outlook and Lync 2010 on a computer.
- More than one network adapter is installed on the computer.
- The following two Lync 2010 client policies are applied on the Lync 2010 client. These policies prevent Lync 2010 from archiving instant messages (IM) in Outlook.
- The EnableIMAutoArchiving client policy is set to false.
- The DisableSavingIM client policy is set to true.
- You send certain IMs to other Lync 2010 users in an IM conference.
- You change to another network adapter during the IM conference.
In this scenario, Lync 2010 archives random IMs in the Conversation History folder in Outlook.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: November 2011
To work around this issue, can set the EnableCallLogAutoArchiving Lync 2010 client policy to false on the client.
For more information about the data model for the endpointConfigurationprovisionGroup
element, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more information about the Get-CsClientPolicy
command, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2629913 - Last Review: 11/19/2011 02:17:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertisebeginner KB2629913