The screensaver does not start when you perform media connectivity actions in Lync 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You enable the screensaver, and then specify a screensaver idle time-out value.
- You create a meeting by using Microsoft Lync 2010, and then you perform application-sharing in the meeting.
- You let the computer idle for a time that is longer than the specified screensaver idle time-out value.
In this scenario, the screensaver does not start.Note
This issue also occurs if you perform other media connectivity actions. For example, the issue occurs in the following scenarios:
- You create an audio or video meeting.
- You perform application-sharing in a peer to peer instant message (IM) conversation.
- You make an audio or video call to other user.
This issue occurs because the media session of Lync 2010 overrides the screensaver configuration.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update for Lync 2010: November 2011
After the update is installed, the environment administrator must run the following command in Lync Server Management Shell to apply a client policy:
New-CsClientPolicyEntry -Name "UseDefaultWindowsScreenSaverPolicy" –Value "True"
For more information about the New-CsClientPolicyEntry
commend, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2647471 - Last Review: 11/24/2011 10:18:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Lync 2010
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB2647471