You cannot search for a user when you try to add the user to a chat room in Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat Administrator Tool
Consider the following scenario:
- You sign in to Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat Administrator Tool.
- There is a user in a nested Distribution List (DL) or a DL that contains lots of members.
- You try to add the user to a Chat Room.
- You type an incomplete user name under the Add User to Role dialog box, and then click Search.
Unable to get eligible principals: Operation failure
This issue occurs because of a time-out error that occurs when Group Chat Administrator Tool performs a LDAP search across the LDAP database within the DL. The time-out value for a search is 15 seconds.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
2647088 Description of the cumulative update for the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Administration Tool: January, 2012
After the update is installed, the time-out value for searches is set to 120 seconds.
Article ID: 2653952 - Last Review: 01/19/2012 23:27:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB2653952