MS12-022: Description of the security update for Expression Design 4: March 13, 2012
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS12-022. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft websites:
- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update website now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp protect your PC from viruses and malware:
Known issues with this security update
- The Microsoft Expression Design 4 update process will fail if the update is applied while Expression Design is running. To address this issue, exit the program and then reapply the update.
- If you manually update Expression Design instead of using Windows Update, copy the update installer files to a local drive before you install. If you try to install from a network share, latency issues may occur. This can cause the installation to fail.
Prerequisites to apply this security updateThere are no prerequisites for installing this security update.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this security update.
Security update replacement informationThis security update does not replace a previously released security update.
File informationThe English (United States) version of this security update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
For Expression Design 4
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
update security_patch security_update security bug flaw vulnerability malicious attacker exploit registry unauthenticated buffer overrun overflow specially-formed scope specially-crafted denial of service dos
- Microsoft Expression Design 4
Article ID: 2667730 - Last Review: 03/13/2012 17:05:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbsecvulnerability kbbug kbfix kbsurveynew KB2667730