FIX: You cannot disable using IPv6 temporary addresses in Windows Embedded Compact 7
- In Windows Embedded Compact 7, you configure the following registry setting to disable IPv6 temporary addresses:Location:Registry entry: UseTemporaryAddressesHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Tcpip6\Parms\GlobalParams
DWORD Value: 0
- You run the IPCONFIG /all command to see assigned IP addresses.
In this scenario, you find that an IPv6 temporary address is not assigned.
Software update informationA supported software update is now available from Microsoft as Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update March 2012. In the "File information" section, the package file name contains the processor type.
Note This Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
File informationThe English version of this software update package has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Files that are included in this update package
|File name||File size||Date||Time||Path|
Article ID: 2672189 - Last Review: 04/10/2012 17:15:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbpubtypekc kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2672189