FIX: A Web service fails when a Transaction Integrator .NET Framework assembly that includes a method with the "Include Context Parameter" property is set to "True" in Host Integration Server 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a system that is running Microsoft Host Integration Server 2010 with one of the following cumulative updates applied:
- 2616519 Cumulative update package 2 for Host Integration Server 2010
- 2533330 Cumulative update package 1 for Host Integration Server 2010
- You create a new Transaction Integrator (TI) .NET Framework assembly by using the TI Designer in Visual Studio.
- You define a method that has the Include Context Parameter property set to True.
- You create a Web service to consume the TI .NET Framework assembly.
In this scenario, the Web service fails and returns an error message that resembles the following when the TI .NET Framework assembly is being consumed:
Cannot serialize member Microsoft.HostIntegration.TI.BaseRemoteEnvironment.VendorREEntries of type System.Collections.Hashtable, because it implements IDictionary.
This problem does not occur when the Include Context Parameter
property is set to False
The hotfix that resolves this issue is included in cumulative update package 3 for Host Integration Server 2010.
For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Cumulative update package 3 for Host Integration Server 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2677893 - Last Review: 05/07/2012 20:06:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Host Integration Server 2010
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbbug kbsurveynew KB2677893