Loading dialog box does not disappear in Outlook Web App in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You are in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You enable the Delegate Access feature in Microsoft Outlook, and then you select the Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me check box for Calendar items to grant a delegate this permission.
- The delegate sends you a meeting request, for a meeting in which you are an attendee.
- The delegate receives a copy of the meeting request.
- The delegate accesses his or her mailbox by using Outlook Web App.
- In the Conversation view, the delegate clicks the Send the response now option or the Don't send a response option in the preview pane of the meeting request.
- The delegate receives the following error message, and a Loading progress dialog box appears: The meeting organizer cannot respond to their own meeting.
This issue occurs because Outlook Web App does not cancel the Loading dialog box.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
2685289 Description of Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods.
Method 1When the Loading dialog box does not disappear, refresh the page.
Method 2When the Loading dialog box does not disappear, press the Esc key.
Method 3To avoid this issue, disable the Conversation view in Outlook Web App.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to let someone else to manage your mail and calendar, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2680383 - Last Review: 06/27/2012 09:08:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2680383