"The list item could not be inserted or updated" error when you save SharePoint list items in SharePoint Foundation 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- A custom list has a custom lookup field that references another custom list that contains more than 20 items in Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010.
- You add an item to the second list.
- You set the value of the lookup field to "None."
- You try to save the list.
The list item could not be inserted or updated because invalid lookup values were found for the following field(s) in the list: [name].
- A custom list contains more than one field that references another list that contain more than 20 items in Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010.
To resolve this issue, apply the following hotfix package:
2687339 Description of the SharePoint Foundation 2010 hotfix package (Wss-x-none.msp): August 28, 2012After you apply the hotfix package, you must create the following flag in the NewForm.aspx page and in the EditForm.aspx page by using SharePoint Designer:
After you apply the hotfix package, using SharePoint Designer, you may update the web part properties on the List View web part on NewForm.aspx and EditForm.aspx. To resolve the issue, look under miscellaneous and select the "UseStandardControl" check box for both web parts.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2687375 - Last Review: 02/06/2013 05:14:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB2687375