How to insert page numbers in Publisher 2010
Do you need help inserting numbers into Publisher 2010? No problem, let's get started. If you want to insert page numbers using default settings, click the View
tab, click Normal
in the Views
group, and then follow the steps below. Alternatively, if you want to alter font, formatting, or location, click the View
tab, click Master Page
in the Views
group, and then follow the steps below:
- Click the Insert tab, and then click Page Number in the Header & Footer group.
- In the Page Numbers dialog box, select the number placement that you would like, and then click OK.
A header or footer containing a page number mark (#) will appear on the master page. Actual page numbers will appear on the publication pages to which the master page is applied.
If you want to remove page numbers from a master page, follow these steps:
- Click the View tab, and then click Master Page in the Views group.
- Select the header or the footer that contains the page number mark (#), and then do one of the following:
- To remove the entire header or footer, press CTRL + SHIFT + X.
- To remove only the page number, select the page number mark (#) inside the header or footer, and then press DELETE.
If the information in this knowledge base article did not help resolve your issue in Publisher 2010, select one of the following options:
publisher 2010, page numbers, insert
Article ID: 2691076 - Last Review: 10/18/2012 16:49:00 - Revision: 8.0