The update tracking information option does not work in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You click to select the Update tracking information, and then delete responses that don’t contain comments check box in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
Note This check box is located under the Tracking heading in the Mail tab of the Outlook Options dialog box.
- You send a meeting request to a recipient by using Microsoft Outlook.
- The recipient accepts the meeting request and selects to send an acceptance message without leaving any comments.
- You receive the acceptance message.
This issue occurs because the Microsoft Exchange Hub Transport server incorrectly sets the LID_IS_SILENT property of the acceptance message to FALSE. Therefore, the Outlook mail tracking option that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section does not work.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
2661854 Description of Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the LID_IS_SILENT property, visit the following Microsoft website:
2641312 The update tracking information option does not work in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
Article ID: 2694414 - Last Review: 04/16/2012 17:32:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2694414