Your Lync 2010 client joins an online meeting in an unmuted state after you schedule the online meeting
Consider the following scenario:
- You run both Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Lync 2010 on a computer.
- You install the Microsoft Conferencing Add-in for Outlook.
- You schedule an online meeting in Outlook and invite one or more users to join the meeting.
- You and the users who you invited click Join Online Meeting to join the meeting.
In this scenario, your Lync 2010 client joins the meeting in an unmuted state, and the other users' Lync 2010 clients join the meeting in a muted state. This is the default behavior.
To make your Lync 2010 client join the meeting in a muted state, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: June 2012
After the update is installed, the environment administrator must run the following cmdlets in Lync Server Management Shell to apply a client policy:
$x = New-CsClientPolicyEntry -Name "JoinOrganizerMutedtoScheduledMeeting" -Value "True"Note
$y = Get-CsClientPolicy -Identity Policy_Identity
Set-CsClientPolicy -Instance $y
In this command, "Policy_Identity"
is a placeholder for the policy identity. For example, you can use "Global."
Article ID: 2703318 - Last Review: 10/09/2012 04:52:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB2703318