You cannot create a mailbox or mail-enable a mailbox for a disabled user account in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a disabled user account in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You try to create a mailbox or to mail-enable a mailbox for the user account.
- If you use Exchange Management Console to check the user account, the user account does not appear.
- If you use Exchange Management Shell to check the user account, the operation fails, and you receive the following error message:Active Directory account must be logon-enabled for the user's mailbox.
To resolve this issue, install the update rollup that is described in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2685289 Description of Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
To work around this issue, temporarily enable the user account to create a mailbox, and then disable the user account.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to create a mailbox in an Exchange organization, go to the following Microsoft website:Enable-Mailbox cmdlet, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2706523 - Last Review: 05/29/2012 19:35:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2706523