An update that adds Microsoft Camera Codec Pack support to Windows 8 and Windows RT is available
This article introduces the Microsoft Camera Codec Pack update for Windows 8 and for Windows RT. This update adds the ability to view device-specific RAW photos in Windows 8 and Windows RT.
- The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack update adds the ability to view many device-specific file formats to Windows.
- The update enables supported RAW camera files to be viewed in Windows Explorer and in Windows-based applications that use Windows Imaging Codecs.
- The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack provides support for many device formats. For more information about the supported device formats, see the "More Information" section.
How to obtain this update
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain this update from Microsoft Update, follow these steps:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- In the search box, type Windows Update.
- Tap or click Settings, and then tap or click the displayed Install optional updates icon.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 8 or Windows RT. Additionally, the Windows 8-based computer must meet the following hardware requirements:
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 processor equivalent or better (1.6 gigahertz (GHz) or more, with SSE 2 extensions or compatible)
- Memory: 1 gigabyte (GB) of RAM or more
- Minimum display resolution: 1024X576
Registry informationTo apply this update, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released updates.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack provides support for the following device formats:
- Canon: Digital Rebel XT, Digital Rebel XTi, EOS 10D, EOS 20D, EOS 30D, EOS 40D, EOS 50D Digital, EOS 60D, EOS 300D, EOS 350D, EOS 400D, EOS 450D, EOS 500D, EOS 550D, EOS 600D, EOS 1000D, EOS 1100D, EOS 5D, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 7D Digital, EOS D30, EOS D60, EOS Digital Rebel, EOS Kiss Digital, EOS Kiss Digital N, EOS Kiss Digital X, EOS Kiss F, EOS Kiss X2, EOS Kiss X3, EOS Kiss X4, EOS Kiss X5, EOS Kiss X50, EOS Rebel T1i, EOS Rebel T2i, EOS Rebel T3, EOS Rebel T3i, EOS Rebel XS, EOS Rebel XSi, EOS-1D, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1D Mark IV, EOS-1Ds, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark III, PowerShot G2, PowerShot G3, PowerShot G5, PowerShot G6, PowerShot G9, PowerShot G10, PowerShot G11, PowerShot Pro1, PowerShot S90, PowerShot S95, PowerShot SX1 IS
- Nikon: 1 J1, 1 V1, Coolpix P6000, D1H, D2H, D2Hs, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D3s, D3X, D4, D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D300s, D700, D800, D800E, D3000, D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D7000
- Sony: DSLR-A100, DSLR-A200, DSLR-A230, DSLR-A300, DSLR-A330, DSLR-A350, DSLR-A380, DSLR-A500, DSLR-A550, DSLR-A560, DSLR-A580, DSLR-A700, DSLR-A850, DSLR-A900, Alpha NEX-3, Alpha NEX-5, Alpha NEX-5N, Alpha SLT-A55/A55V, Cyber-shot DSC-R1
- Olympus: C-7070 Wide Zoom, C-8080 Wide Zoom, E-1, E-3, E-10, E-20, E-30, E-420, E-450, E-520, E-620, EVOLT E-300, EVOLT E-330, EVOLT E-400, EVOLT E-410, EVOLT E-500, EVOLT E-510, PEN E-P1, PEN E-P2, PEN E-PL1
- Pentax (PEF formats only): *ist D, *ist DL, *ist DS, K10D, K20D, K100D, K100D Super, K110D, K200D, K-5, K-7, K-r, K-x
- Leica: DIGILUX 3, D-LUX 4, M8, M8.2, M9
- Konica Minolta: ALPHA-7 DIGITAL, DiMAGE A1, DiMAGE A2, DYNAX 7D, Maxxum 7D
- Epson: R-D1
- Panasonic: Lumix DMC-G1, Lumix DMC-GH1, Lumix DMC-GF1, Lumix DMC-LX3, Lumix DMC-LX5
- Casio: EX-FH20
- Kodak: EasyShare Z981, EasyShare Z1015 IS
- Samsung: NX11
For more information about Windows Live Photo Gallery, go to the following Microsoft website:
824684Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesThe third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 2712101 - Last Review: 10/09/2012 19:57:00 - Revision: 1.0
Windows RT, Windows 8
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced atdownload KB2712101