Continuous System Center Operations Manager warning messages after you install a cumulative update for Lync Server 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 environment that is monitored by a Microsoft System Center Operations Manager server.
- You deploy Lync Server 2010 Monitoring Management Pack on the System Center Operations Manager server.
- You configure and execute synthetic transactions in the environment.
- You install a cumulative update package for Lync Server 2010 that was released later than March, 2011.
Simple URL Http Response Failure
This issue occurs because the Join Launcher application in Web Components Server cannot handle a request without an accept type. The synthetic transaction that is triggered by Monitoring Management Pack does not set an accept type. Therefore, a null reference exception occurs when the synthetic transaction sends a request to the Join Launcher application.
To resolve the issue, install the following cumulative update:
2737902 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010, Web Components Server: October 2012
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2493736 Updates for Lync Server 2010
Article ID: 2735325 - Last Review: 10/12/2012 06:47:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2735325