FIX: The LU Creation Wizard in SNA Manager does not allow for "First extension" values greater than 255
Consider the following scenario:
- You use the LU Creation Wizard in SNA Manager to create a range of logical units (LUs) for a host connection in Microsoft Host Integration Server 2010.
- You type values for the First LU number field and the Number of LUs field in the LU Creation Wizard.
- You try to type a value in the First extension field that is greater than 255.
In this scenario, the value in the First extension field is truncated after the second digit. For example, if you try to type a value of 256, the First extension field contains only 25. If you type a value of 255 or less, the value is not truncated.
This problem occurs because the LU Creation Wizard incorrectly defines a maximum value of 255 for the First extension field.
Cumulative update informationThe fix that resolves this issue is included in cumulative update package 6 for Host Integration Server 2010. For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2752426 Cumulative update package 6 for Host Integration Server 2010
To work around this issue, take one of the following actions to create LUs whose LU names include First extension values greater than 255:
- Use SNA Manager to manually create LU names that have the desired First extension values.
- Use the SNACFG command-line configuration utility to create LU names that have the desired First extension values.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
The LU Creation Wizard generates a range of LU names by using the following values:
- Base LU name
- First LU number
- Number of LUs
- First extension
For example, assume that the following values are used:
- Base LU name = BSELU
- First LU number = 2
- Number of LUs = 25
- First extension = 50
The range of LU names in this example that is generated by using these settings is BSELU050 through BSELU074. (This example also assumes that the Leading zeros option is enabled.)
Article ID: 2764942 - Last Review: 11/28/2012 22:53:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Host Integration Server 2010
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbbug kbsurveynew KB2764942