You cannot open Office documents in Protected View if an AppLocker policy restricts the use of Office 2010
After you enable an AppLocker policy to restrict the use of Microsoft Office 2010, you cannot open certain Office documents in Protected View. Additionally, you receive an error message that incorrectly states that the file is corrupted.
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
2760767 Description of the Office 2010 hotfix package (Mso-x-none.msp): February 12, 2013
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsAfter you install the hotfix package, follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
- Type Security, and then press Enter.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\Security
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String value.
- Type AllowedSids, and then press Enter.
- In the Details pane, right-click AllowedSids, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type SID string, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2768362 - Last Review: 03/01/2013 09:52:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010, Microsoft Office Professional 2010, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, Microsoft Office Standard 2010, Microsoft Office Starter 2010
- kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB2768362