Read receipt is sent unexpectedly when you view an email message by using Outlook Web App
Consider the following scenario:
- You access a mailbox by using Microsoft Outlook Web App in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- The mailbox is configured so that it does not automatically send read receipts for email messages.
- You disable the Conversations view in Outlook Web App.
- You receive an email message for which the sender requests a read receipt.
- You view the email message, and then the email message is marked as read.
In this scenario, a read receipt is unexpectedly sent to the sender.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to change the read receipt settings in Outlook Web App, go to the following Microsoft website:
For more information about how to use the Set-MailboxMessageConfiguration
cmdlet to change mail settings, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2793348 - Last Review: 05/30/2013 00:34:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2793348