Internet Explorer freezes when you connect to the OWA several times in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You configure Integrated Windows authentication for the Outlook Web App (OWA) in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You open a new tab in Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8.
- You connect to the OWA, and then close the Internet Explorer tab.
- You repeatedly open and close a new tab to connect to the OWA. For example, you open and close a new tab to connect to the OWA seven times.
In this scenario, Internet Explorer freezes. After some time, you receive a time-out error message.
This issue occurs because the Exchange server creates an asynchronous request that does not correctly close a connection.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to configure Integrated Windows authentication, go to the following Microsoft website:
For more information about how the method that is used to open a connection, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2793488 - Last Review: 02/12/2013 16:28:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2793488