Favorites folder is not displayed in Internet Explorer 10 after you redirect the folder in Windows 8
Consider the following scenario:
- Internet Explorer 10 is installed on a computer that is running Windows 8.
- You redirect the Favorites folder in Internet Explorer 10 to a network location.
- You start Internet Explorer 10 from the Start screen.
In this scenario, the Favorites folder is not displayed in Internet Explorer 10.Note
This issue does not occurs when you start Internet Explorer 10 from the desktop.
Security update information
To resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:Notes
- This update was first included in the following security update:
MS13-009: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: February 12, 2013
- For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft websites:
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Start Internet Explorer 10 from the desktop.
- Move the Favorites folder back to the Profiles folder.
For more information about folder redirection, go to the following Microsoft websites:
For more information about how to store and organize your favorite websites in Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8, go to the following Microsoft website:
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2793902 - Last Review: 02/12/2013 17:44:00 - Revision: 1.0
Internet Explorer 10
- kbqfe kbfix kbbug kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2793902