Windows Store does not open when you click "View in Windows Store" on a description of a Windows Store app in Internet Explorer 10
Consider the following scenario:
- You use Internet Explorer 10 on a computer that is running Windows 8.
- You enable the ActiveX Filtering option in Internet Explorer.
- You browse to an online product description page for a Windows Store app.
- Then you click View in Windows Store on the webpage.
Security update informationTo resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
- This update was first included in the following security update:2792100 MS13-009: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: February 12, 2013
- For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft websites:
The online product description page serves as a landing page for a Windows Store app outside the Windows Store. You can search for an app by using a search engine on the web, and then go to the product description page. From the product description page, you can view the app in Windows Store directly.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2809412 - Last Review: 02/12/2013 18:07:00 - Revision: 1.0
Internet Explorer 10
- kbqfe kbfix kbbug kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB2809412