Ink mode is not enabled automatically when you use a stylus pen in a slide show in PowerPoint 2013
Then, when ink mode is enabled, you cannot use touch gestures to interact with the slide show.
- You must manually enable ink mode to draw, write, or highlight text.
- You must manually disable ink mode before you can use touch gestures.
Here's an easy fixTo have us change the new stylus pen behavior for you, click the Download button. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you're not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fix solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
|Enable the new stylus pen behavior||Disable the new stylus pen behavior|
Let me fix it myself
After you install the updates, the new stylus pen behavior is enabled. However, follow these steps if you do not want ink mode to be enabled and disabled automatically:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\PowerPoint\Options\
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type StylusAutoInk, and then press Enter.
- In the Details pane, right-click StylusAutoInk, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 2817617 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 15:15:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbqfe kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbbug kbfix KB2817617