How to convert a mailbox in Office 365 dedicated/ITAR
You experience one of the following issues in a Microsoft Office 365 dedicated or Microsoft Office 365 ITAR environment:
- A linked mailbox, mailuser or a room mailbox is not the correct type.
- A mailbox has to be changed from a linked mailbox to a room mailbox.
- A mailbox has to be changed from a room mailbox to a linked mailbox.
This issue occurs if you try to change a mailbox type by changing the source Active Directory object after the mailbox has been provisioned in the Office 365 dedicated or Office 365 ITAR environment.
The mailbox type is determined by the Microsoft Managed Services Service Provisioning Provider (MMSSPP) service when the mailbox is first provisioned.
To convert a mailbox between types, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the Roles and Characteristics attributes for your particular environment are set to the correct value.
For example, if extensionattribute8 is selected as the Roles and Characteristics attribute for mailbox type, the extensionattribute8 value for a resource mailbox might be displayed as follows:
Note The Roles and Characteristics attributes and the acceptable mailbox resource values are set up based on the specific environment. Therefore, the value may differ from the value in this example.
- Submit a request to change the mailbox type to Office 365 dedicated or Office 365 ITAR support by using your regular escalation process.
Article ID: 2830599 - Last Review: 12/11/2015 11:15:00 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Business Productivity Online Dedicated, Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite Federal