An anti-malware platform update for stand-alone System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Service Pack 1 clients is available from Microsoft Update
Microsoft regularly releases anti-malware platform updates to guarantee consistency in protection, performance, robustness, and usability in a malware landscape that is constantly changing. This update package is dated April 2013.
- Adds new malware remediation functionality to the anti-malware platform
- Adds anti-tampering improvements to the anti-malware platform
- Improves overall performance of the anti-malware platform
How to obtain this update
Microsoft UpdateThis update is available from Microsoft Update.
To obtain and install the update from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a system that has a System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Service Pack 1 client installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the update package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
PrerequisitesTo install this update, you must have one of the following installed on the client:
- System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Service Pack 1
- System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Service Pack 1 Cumulative Update 1
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Additional informationThis update brings the antimalware client version to 4.2.0223.1. You can find the version information by clicking About on the Help menu of the Endpoint Protection client user interface.
Article ID: 2831316 - Last Review: 11/13/2013 00:01:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbautohotfix kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixserver kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2831316