How to create a header and footer for a specific page only.
|Leo Lorenzo Luis is a Microsoft MVP, he has also been a Microsoft Student Partner from 2009 to 2011, and became a Worldwide Imagine Cup Finalist to represent the Philippines for 2011 that was held in New York, United States. He is passionate in developing applications in the .NET Framework and has been helping the community to share his expertise and knowledge about the technology. More about Leo on his website http://www.luisleo.net|
1. Create a header and footer for our first section of our page. This would automatically turn all your pages to have header and footer to what you will select if you currently have more than one.
2. You should be able to result when you did the first step, screenshot may be different based on the header or footer template you selected.
3. To let Microsoft Word know that you will now have a different page section you have to click on Page Layout tab and select breaks and click on Next Page
4. This will create a duplicate page based on the template of the previous page but with Microsoft Word knowing that this will now be a different type of section.
5. Double click on the header of the new page that was created and you should see that the footer section of the first page is labeled as Section 1 and the header section of the second page is labeled as Section 2.
6. Click on the Design contextual tab (Green) and un-toggle the Link to Previous Button.
7. Once you un-toggle the button, Microsoft word will now know that it should not affect the previous header and footer template for the first page. Note that you have to do this too on the footer of the current page and execute step 6 again.
8. You can now go back to the Insert tab and change the design for your Section 2's header and footer template.
9. The result now should look like this
Community Solutions Content DisclaimerMICROSOFT CORPORATION AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
Article ID: 2832122 - Last Review: 09/24/2015 05:48:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbstepbystep kbcommunity kbmvp KB2832122