MS13-052: Description of the security update for Microsoft Silverlight: July 9, 2013
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
Update informationMicrosoft Silverlight is a cross-browser, multi-environment plug-in that delivers the next generation of Microsoft .NET Framework-based media experiences and rich interactive applications for the web.
This update offers a new build (version 5.1.20513.0) that is an upgrade to earlier versions of Silverlight. This update is included in current Silverlight installers.
This update is available from the following sources:
Silverlight siteThe Silverlight installer includes all earlier updates in addition to this update. To install the latest version of Silverlight on your computer, go to the following Microsoft website:
Microsoft update and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)If you have an earlier version of Silverlight installed on your computer, this update is available from Microsoft Update and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) as an important update and will be offered as the following:
How to hide this update so that it does not appear againClick here to view or hide detailed information
- Click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Update or Microsoft Update.
- Click Custom.
- Click to clear the check box that is next to the update that you want to hide.
- Expand the update that you want to hide, and then click to select the Don't show this update again check box.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates.
- After the scan for updates is complete, click the Optional updates are available link.
- In the Select the updates you want to install section, right-click the update that you want to hide, and then click Hide update.
- Click OK.
Update release historyFor information about non-security-related fixes that are included in this update in addition to the release history for Microsoft Silverlight 5, go to the following Microsoft website:
Removal informationTo remove Silverlight, go to the following Microsoft website, and then click Uninstall Silverlight:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Applies toThis article applies to the following:
- Microsoft Silverlight 5
Article ID: 2847559 - Last Review: 07/11/2013 00:40:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbsecvulnerability kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbbug atdownload KB2847559