Description of Cumulative Update 2 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
Note This update is replaced by update 2978017. For more information about update 2978017, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Issues that are fixed
- The Add Site System Roles Wizard incorrectly blocks the addition of a site server when the first word of the server's fully qualified domain name (FQDN) is longer than 15 characters.
- Multiple nodes and property sheets in the Administrator Console can now be announced correctly by screen reader software.
- Virtual Application packages that are saved on a Distributed File System (DFS) share may not migrate from Configuration Manager 2007 to Configuration Manager 2012. Errors that resemble the following are logged in the MIGMCTRL.log file:Note If you experience this problem, you must change the way that you connect to Connection Manager in the source hierarchy after you install CU2 for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1. Specifically, you must use the computer account of the top-tier site of the destination hierarchy. To do this, follow these steps:
Failed to connect to share \\production\dfs\Virtual Applications\App Source : Error 0x80070520
Impersonation is reverted.
Set the status of the entity Virtual Application 1 to Failed.
Set the status of the job entity Virtual Application 1 to Failed.
Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.Migration.MigrationException: Failed to connect to share \\production\dfs\Virtual Applications\App Source : Error 0x80070520
- In the Configuration Manager Admin Console, navigate to the Administration/Overview/Migration/Source Hierarchy node.
- Select the source hierarchy that you want, and then click Configure in the ribbon.
- Select the computer account for both the SMS provider and the site database connection.
- Nonalphanumeric characters in the CertificateIssuers string cause site assignments not to work in a System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Site environment.
Operating system deployment
- Task Sequences may ignore the Multicast Only flag when downloads are performed within the full operating system instead of Windows PE.
- A task sequence that has multiple "Install Application" steps may fail. For more information, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:2837395 The "Install Application" task sequence fails in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
- For more information about task sequence issues, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 2838585 FIX: Task sequence to install an operating system doesn't run when you use custom port settings in System Center Configuration Manager 2012 SP1
- Clients may not download a new operating system image when custom ports are defined for the site server. The SMSTS.log file will contain error messages that resemble the following:
WinHttpQueryHeaders() returns status code 404 (Not Found)
SendWinHttpRequest failed. 80190194.
DownloadFile failed. 80190194.
Error downloading file from http://siteserver.contonso.com:80/SMS_DP_SMSPKG$/CAS0000A/sccm?/install_ipremote.cmd to C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\CAS0000A\install_ipremote.cmd
DownloadFiles failed. 80190194.
- Cumulative Update 2 offers limited support for deployment of Windows PE 3.1-based images. These images must be completed before they are added to the site server. If later changes are needed, they can be made by using the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. Any Distribution Points that have the old image must be updated.
The following optional components have to be installed beforehand:
- Installing additional optional component through Configuration Manager
- Adding drivers
- Setting scratch space
- Configuring prestart command
- Configuring background image file
- Enabling and disabling command prompt support (debug mode)
- "Software 09B - Computers with infrequently used software installed" reports do not contain accurate data for Windows Installer-based applications that are updated.
Mobile device management
- Windows Mobile 6.5 devices no longer receive application policies after the site server is upgraded from the release version of Configuration Manager 2012 to Configuration Manager 2012 Service Pack 1.
- The content status of a package is stuck in the "In progress - Waiting for Content" status in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1.
- The content status of a package is shown as "Unknown" when a distribution point on a Configuration Manager 2007 Secondary Site is updated to Configuration Manager 2012.
Note Packages that are migrated after Cumulative Update 2 is installed do not experience this issue. This issue affects only packages that are migrated before Cumulative Update 2 is installed. To correct this issue for these packages, run the Update Distribution Point wizard again.
- Status messages from pull-distribution points are now routed through management points instead of directly to site servers. This decreases the site server performance effect of having multiple pull-distribution points.
Updated list of supported Linux and UNIX clients
- The list of supported UNIX and Linux platforms is updated to include x86 and x64 versions of the following:
- Ubuntu 12.04
- Ubuntu 10.04
- Oracle Linux 5
- Oracle Linux 6
- CentOS 5
- CentOS 6
- Debian 5
- Debian 6
- Status Manager may not process changes to built-in Status Filter Rules on localized Configuration Manager installations. Entries similar to the following may be logged in the STATMGR.log file:
ERROR: The component item for SMS_STATUS_MANAGER in the master site control file does not contain property list items for a status filter named "SMS_STATUS_MANAGER", or those property lists are corrupt or badly formatted.
- Installation of the Client Notification component (bgbisapi.msi) will fail on sites that have custom websites (SMSWEB) or custom ports that are defined. The BGBSetup.log will contain the following errors messages:bgbisapi.msi exited with return code: 1603
Backing up X:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\logs\bgbisapiMSI.log to X:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\logs\bgbisapiMSI.log.LastError
Fatal MSI Error - bgbisapi.msi could not be installed
The bgbisapiMSI.log will also contain errors that resemble the following:
ERROR: Failed to configure sms ports '0x80020009'.
ERROR: Failed to process port information.
Product: BGB http proxy -- Internal Error 25011. 80020009
Internal Error 25011. 80020009
CustomAction CcmCreateIISVirtualDirectories returned actual error code 1603
- Active Directory User and Group Discovery methods may not update group relationship data when the "Enable delta discovery" option is selected.
- To obtain a fix for a known post-Cumulative Update 2 problem in which you receive errors when you try to install or recover a secondary site, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:2867422 FIX: Errors when you try to install or recover a secondary site in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
Configuration Manager SDK
- The CPApplet.CPAppletMgr Automation object returns error 0x80040154 when you use the object on a 64-bit operating system that has Configuration Manager Compatibility Shims (32BitCompat.msi) installed.
- Automatic client updates are unsuccessful for Configuration Manager 2007 clients in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
Cumulative Update Setup Wrapper (Installer)
- The installer can now be run again on the same site server to create or to re-create deployment assistance items (packages and programs).
- The installer can update the Administrator Console directly when the installer is run on a site server or on a workstation where the console is installed. Earlier versions of the installer only copied the Administrator Console update (.msp) to the file system, and the console update had to be installed separately. The previous installation method of installing the update manually is still supported.
- The logging format is improved to increase detail for tracking progress or for troubleshooting installation failures.
How to obtain Cumulative Update 2 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1A supported update is available from Microsoft. However, this update is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this update only to systems that are experiencing the problems described in this article. This update might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by these problems, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this update.
If the update is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the update.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific update. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which this update is available. If you do not see your language, it is because an update is not available for that language.
More information about this cumulative updateAfter this cumulative update is installed on site servers, any operating system boot image should be updated. To update boot images after the hotfix is applied, follow these steps:
- In the Configuration Manager console, click Software Library.
- In the Software Library workspace, expand Operating Systems, and then click Boot Images.
- Select the boot image that you want to update.
- Right-click and then select the Update Distribution Points action.
Note This action updates all distribution points and may have an adverse effect on an environment that contains many distribution points.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all boot images that were previously distributed.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 installed.
Restart informationThe summary page of this update may display the following message:
This message indicates there are pending file rename operations on the local computer. These messages may have been present before the update installation. In addition, the messages may also have occurred because of the SMS_Notification service that restarts to handle client requests during the update process. A restart is not required for this update to be fully functional. However, the pending file rename operations will remain until resolved by a system restart.
Note We recommend that you close the Configuration Manager Administrator Console and any associated applications such as the Remote Control Viewer or Status Message viewer before you install this update.
You may be prompted to restart the computer to which the Administrator Console update is being applied if the Remote Control Viewer (CmRCViewer.exe) is being used during the update process.
This can be avoided by closing the Remote Control Viewer before you install the update, or by adding the REBOOT=ReallySuppress parameter to the update installation properties.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces Cumulative Update 1 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1.
For System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|32bitcompat.msi||Not applicable||286,720||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Ccmsetup-sup.cab||Not applicable||560,739||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Ccmsetup.cab||Not applicable||9,612||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Cm12-sp1cu2-kb2854009-x64-enu.msi||Not applicable||786,432||18-Jun-2013||18:43||Not applicable|
|Configmgr2012ac-sp1-kb2854009-i386.msp||Not applicable||3,821,568||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Configmgr2012ac-sp1-kb2854009-x64.msp||Not applicable||5,148,672||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Configmgr2012adminui-sp1-kb2854009-i386.msp||Not applicable||74,022,912||25-May-2013||02:35||Not applicable|
|Dmp.msi||Not applicable||4,698,112||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Mcs.msi||Not applicable||10,461,184||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Microsoftpolicyplatformsetup.msi||Not applicable||1,798,144||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Mp.msi||Not applicable||10,145,792||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Pulldp.msi||Not applicable||6,209,536||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Replicationconfiguration.xml||Not applicable||76,141||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Smp.msi||Not applicable||5,488,640||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Srsrp.msi||Not applicable||4,956,160||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
|Update.sql||Not applicable||242,316||01-Jun-2013||13:00||Not applicable|
New cumulative update servicing model for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
See the terminology Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 2854009 - Last Review: 05/28/2015 19:30:00 - Revision: 7.0
- kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2854009