Cookies are not sent when a new tab is opened from a home page in your trusted sites or in your Intranet zone in Internet Explorer 10
Consider the following scenario:
- You set a website that uses a cookie as your home page in Internet Explorer 10.
- You also specify to open new tabs on your home page.
- You open a new tab.
- This problem does not occur when you start a new instance of Internet Explorer or when you open a blank new tab and then click the Home button.
- The problem only occurs for websites on your Intranet or in your trusted zones.
This problem occurs when a page is being put into protected mode even when protected mode is disabled for the zone to which it belongs. This situation causes Internet Explorer to look in the wrong location when it fetches cookies from the file system. Therefore, this behavior breaks pages that depend on cookies being set correctly.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to Microsoft Update.
For technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft website:Note This update was first included in security update 2888505.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2888505 MS13-088: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: November 12, 2013
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
See the terminology Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 2854669 - Last Review: 11/13/2013 03:05:00 - Revision: 2.0
Internet Explorer 10
- kbqfe kbbug kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2854669