Error message when you open a file in Excel or in Word: "The document <Filename> caused a serious error the last time it was opened"
You receive this message every time that you try to open the file.
This error message lets you avoid potential problems that may occur if you open the file.
Microsoft Office Excel 2007 and Microsoft Office Word 2007 or later versionsDisable add-ins. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Excel, click File, click Options, and then click Add-Ins.
- In the Manage list, click COM Add-Ins, and then click Go.
- In the COM Add-Ins dialog box, clear the check box for any one of the add-ins in the list that's selected, and then click OK.
- Restart the application (not in safe mode).
If the program doesn’t start after you have tested all the listed add-ins, the problem isn't related to the add-ins. To learn about other reasons why this may problem may occur, go to the "References" section.
If the problematic add-in is a third-party product, we recommend that you go to the company website to get a newer version of the add-in. If there's no newer version available or if you don’t have to use the add-in, you can leave that check box cleared in the COM Add-Ins list.
Note If these steps do not work, the file may be damaged and not repairable. For more information about corrupted files, see the following articles:
Microsoft Office Excel 2003, Microsoft Excel 2002, Microsoft Office Word 2003, and Microsoft Word 2002Remove the file from the list of disabled files. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Help menu, click About Microsoft <program>, and then click Disabled Items.
- Select the file, and then click Enable.
Artikli ID: 286017 – viimati läbi vaadatud: 12/04/2015 23:43:00 – redaktsioon: 1.0
- kbopenfile kberrmsg kbfea kbprb KB286017