FIX: Report that contains a multivalued parameter is displayed as a blank page in SSRS 2012
Microsoft distributes Microsoft SQL Server 2012 fixes in one downloadable file. Because the fixes are cumulative, each new release contains all the hotfixes and all the security updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2012 update release.
This issue applies to the following product:
- SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services
Consider the following scenario:
- You are running SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (SSRS 2012) on a computer that has cumulative update package 4 (CU4) for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed.
- You have a report that contains a multivalued parameter. The parameter is configured to accept multiple values.
- No default values are configured for the parameters in the report.
- You select some parameter values in the report, and then you click View in Report Manager or Report Server.
Note If the report contains multivalued cascading parameters, the dependent parameters are not populated.
Cumulative update information
Cumulative update package 5 for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1)The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 5. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2012, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2861107 Cumulative update package 5 for SQL Server 2012Note Because the builds are cumulative, each new fix release contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous SQL Server 2012 fix release. We recommend that you consider applying the most recent fix release that contains this hotfix. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2772858 The SQL Server 2012 builds that were released after SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 was released
To work around the issue, configure some default values for all the parameters.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2863256 - Last Review: 07/15/2013 15:55:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2863256