You can’t dial out or share video in a Lync Web App meeting in a Lync Server 2013 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You run Windows Internet Explorer 9 or a later version of Internet Explorer on a computer that is running Windows 7 or a later version of Windows in a Microsoft Lync Server 2013 environment.
- You sign in to Lync Web App as a guest.
- You click Join the meeting.
- You install the ActiveX plugin for Lync Web App.
In this scenario, you are redirected to the meeting. However, you cannot dial out in the meeting, nor can you share video in the meeting.Note
If you run Internet Explorer as another user by using the Run as a different user
option, this issue does not occur.
This issue occurs when the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting setting is enabled in Internet Explorer.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update 5.0.8308.556 for Lync Server 2013, Web Components: October 2013
Article ID: 2882800 - Last Review: 10/07/2013 22:16:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB2882800