Can’t sign in to Lync 2013 on a computer that is running Windows 7
Consider the following scenario:
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) is deployed on-premises in a Microsoft Lync Server 2013 environment.
- You log on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows 7 by using an on-premises account in the environment.
- You enable the DisableNTCredentials key in the following registry path:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator\
- You try to sign in to Microsoft Lync 2013 by using a Microsoft Office 365 account on the computer.
This issue occurs because Lync 2013 doesn’t pass the Office 365 credentials to ADFS.
Note Lync 2013 passes the on-premises credentials to ADFS.
To resolve this issue, install the following update:
2825630 Description of the Lync 2013 update: September 20, 2013
Article ID: 2882813 - Last Review: 09/21/2013 05:41:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Lync 2013
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB2882813