Where to find information about designing a database in Microsoft Access
This article applies to a Microsoft Access database (.mdb and .accdb) and to a Microsoft Access project (.adp).
- For an overview of relational database design, see the following Knowledge Base article:283878 Description of the database normalization basics
- View the Database Normalization Basics WebCast.
- Download the "Understanding Relational Database Design" document. This document shows you how to plan and design a database from the ground up. To download this document, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:283698 "Understanding Relational Database Design" document is available in Download Center
- Analyze your tables by using the Table Analyzer Wizard. For more information about the Table Analyzer Wizard, see the following Knowledge Base article:292799 How the Table Analyzer Wizard works
- You can download database templates that may be used for many purposes from the following Microsoft Web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=Access+database&av=TPL000
- Read the following book: Hernandez, Michael. Database Design for Mere Mortals. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley Developers Press, 1997.
- For more information about free on-line training that is available for Office 2003 products, including Access 2003, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Artikli ID: 289533 – viimati läbi vaadatud: 10/20/2015 19:28:00 – redaktsioon: 17.0
- kbdownload kbdatabase kbhowto KB289533