Update adds support for many camera-specific file formats in Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1: December 2013
This article describes a Microsoft Camera Codec Pack update for Windows 8.1 and for Windows RT 8.1. This update enables you to view many camera-specific file formats in various experiences in Windows.
- The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack update adds the ability to view many device-specific file formats to Windows. For more information about the supported devices, see the "References" section.
- The update enables supported RAW camera files to be viewed in Windows Explorer, the built-in photo applications, and other Windows-based applications that use Windows Imaging Codecs.
How to obtain this update
Microsoft UpdateThis update is available from Windows Update.
Microsoft Download CenterThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
|All supported x86-based versions of Windows 8.1||Download the package now.|
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows 8.1||Download the package now.|
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1. Additionally, the Windows 8.1-based computer must meet the following hardware requirements:
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 processor equivalent or better (1.6 gigahertz (GHz) or more with SSE 2 extensions or compatibility)
- Memory: 1 gigabyte (GB) of RAM or more
- Minimum display resolution: 1024 x 576
Registry informationTo use the update in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the update that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2859675. For more information about update 2859675, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2859675 Update adds support for new camera models in Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1
The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack update that was released in December 2013 adds support for the file formats of the following devices:
- Canon: EOS 1DC, EOS-60Da, EOS 70D, PowerShot S100V
- Fujifilm: XF-1
- Nikon: Coolpix 5400, Coolpix 8700
- Olympus: E-PL5, E-PM2, XZ-10, XZ-2
- Panasonic: DMC-FZ200, DMC-GH3
- Pentax: K-5 II, K-5 IIs
- Samsung: Galaxy NX, NX2000, NX300
- Sony: A-99, Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II, Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R, NEX-3N, NEX-5R, SLT-A58
- Canon: Digital Rebel XT, Digital Rebel XTi, EOS 10D, EOS 20D, EOS 30D, EOS 40D, EOS 50D Digital, EOS 60D, EOS 100D, EOS 300D, EOS 350D, EOS 400D, EOS 450D, EOS 500D, EOS 550D, EOS 600D, EOS 650D, EOS 700D, EOS 1000D, EOS1100D, EOS 5D, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 6D, EOS 7D Digital, EOS D30, EOS D60, EOS Digital Rebel, EOS Kiss Digital, EOS Kiss Digital N, EOS Kiss Digital X, EOS Kiss F, EOS Kiss X2, EOS Kiss X3, EOS Kiss X4, EOS Kiss X5, EOS Kiss X6i, EOS Kiss X7, EOS Kiss X7i, EOS Kiss X50, EOS M, EOS Rebel SL1, EOS Rebel T1i, EOS Rebel T2i, EOS Rebel T3, EOS Rebel T3i, EOS Rebel T4i, EOS Rebel T5i, EOS Rebel XS, EOS Rebel XSi, EOS-1D, EOS-1D X, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1D Mark IV, EOS-1Ds, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark III, PowerShot G1 X, PowerShot G2, PowerShot G3, PowerShot G5, PowerShot G6, PowerShot G9, PowerShot G10, PowerShot G11, PowerShot G12, PowerShot G15, PowerShot Pro1, PowerShot S90, PowerShot S95, PowerShot S100, PowerShot S110, PowerShot SX1 IS, PowerShot SX50 HS
- Casio: EX-FH20
- Epson: R-D1, R-D1s
- Fujifilm: X10
- Kodak: EasyShare Z981, EasyShare Z1015 IS
- Konica Minolta: ALPHA SWEET DIGITAL, ALPHA-5 DIGITAL, ALPHA-7 DIGITAL, DiMAGE A1, DiMAGE A2, DYNAX 5D, DYNAX 7D, Maxxum 5D, Maxxum 7D
- Leica: DIGILUX 3, D-LUX 4, M8, M8.2, M9
- Nikon: 1 J1, 1 J2, 1 J3, 1 S1, 1 V1, 1 V2, Coolpix P6000, Coolpix P7000, Coolpix P7100, D1H, D2H, D2Hs, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D3s, D3X, D4, D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D300s, D600, D700, D800, D800E, D3000, D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D5200, D7000, D7100
- Olympus: C-7070 Wide Zoom, C-8080 Wide Zoom, E-1, E-3, E-5, E-10, E-20, E-30, E-420, E-450, E-520, E-600, E-620, EVOLT E-300, EVOLT E-330, EVOLT E-400, EVOLT E-410, EVOLT E-500, EVOLT E-510, OM-D E-M5, PEN E-P1, PEN E-P2, PEN-P3, PEN E-PL1, PEN E-PL2, PEN E-PL3, PEN E-PL1s, PEN E-PM1, XZ-1
- Panasonic: Lumix DMX-FZ40, Lumix DMC-FZ150, Lumix DMC-G1, Lumix DMX-G2, Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix DMC-G5, Lumix DMC-GF1, Lumix DMC-GF2, Lumix DMC-GF3, Lumix DMC-GF5, Lumix DMC-GH1, Lumix DMC-GH2, Lumix DMX-GX1, Lumix DMC-LX3, Lumix DMC-LX5, Lumix DMC-LX7
- Pentax (PEF formats only): *ist D, *ist DL, *ist DS, K10D, K20D, K100D, K100D Super, K110D, K200D, K-01, K-5, K-7, K-30, K-r, K-x
- Samsung: EX2F, NX10, NX11, NX20, NX1000
- Sony: DSLR-A100, DSLR-A200, DSLR-A230, DSLR-A300, DSLR-A330, DSLR-A350, DSLR-A380, DSLR-A500, DSLR-A550, DSLR-A560, DSLR-A580, DSLR-A700, DSLR-A850, DSLR-A900, Alpha NEX-C3, Alpha NEX-F3, Alpha NEX-3, Alpha NEX-5, Alpha NEX-5N, Alpha NEX-6, Alpha NEX-7, Alpha SLT-A33, Alpha SLT-A35, Alpha SLT-A37, Alpha SLT-A55/A55V, Alpha SLT-A57, Alpha SLT-A65V, Alpha SLT-77V, Cyber-shot DSC-R1, , Cyber-shot DSC-RX1, Cyber-shot DSC-RX100
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesThe third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 2899189 - Last Review: 12/10/2013 18:14:00 - Revision: 1.0
Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows RT 8.1
- atdownload kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2899189