Mailbox quota warning message uses an incorrect language in Exchange Server 2013
Consider the following scenario:
- You have Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 installed on a Japanese operating system.
- You configure a user mailbox to use English as the mailbox language.
- The mailbox is approaching its storage limit.
- The user logs on to the mailbox by using an English version of Microsoft Outlook.
In this scenario, a mailbox quota warning message is generated in Japanese instead of in English.
This issue occurs because the mailbox quota warning message is generated by using the Exchange Server 2013 system locale instead of using the mailbox language or the MAPI session locale.
To resolve this issue, install the following service pack:
Description of Exchange Server 2013 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to change the languages for a user mailbox, go to the following Microsoft website:
For more information about how to configure warning messages for a mailbox database, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2900076 - Last Review: 02/25/2014 21:05:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Standard
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2900076