FIX: "PowerPoint was unable to open or save this document" error after you modify an embedded PowerPivot table
Consider the following scenario:
- You have Microsoft Office 2010 together with the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 PowerPivot add-in installed on a computer.
- You have a PowerPoint presentation that contains an Excel table in one of the slides.
- You open the PowerPoint presentation, and you double-click on the Excel table to edit it.
- You go to another PowerPoint slide after you edit the Excel table.
- You try to save the PowerPoint presentation.
PowerPoint was unable to open or save this document. Please ensure that you have access privileges to read or write the document and that it is not encrypted.
The issue was first fixed in the following cumulative update of SQL Server.
About cumulative updates for SQL Server
Each new cumulative update for SQL Server contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous cumulative update. Check out the latest cumulative updates for SQL Server:
To work around the issue, either deactivate the PowerPivot add-in in Excel or use Microsoft Office 2013 instead of Office 2010.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2900127 - Last Review: 11/28/2013 09:05:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1 PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel 2010, Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB2900127