Description of Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 addresses the vulnerabilities that are described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-105.
Update rollup informationTo download and install Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, go to the following Microsoft Update website: Note Microsoft Update does not detect update rollups on Exchange Server 2010 mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG).
To enable you to apply this update rollup in the following scenarios, the update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Deploy Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- Deploy Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 to mailbox servers that are part of a DAG
Important information for customers who install the update on computers that are not connected to the Internet
When you install this update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
Update issue on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
Important Before you apply the update rollup, we recommend that you make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files. For more information about how to customize Outlook Web App, go to the following Microsoft website:
Update issue for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
If you meet both of the following conditions, apply the update rollup on the Internet-facing Client Access servers before you apply the update rollup on the non-Internet-facing Client Access servers:
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Note For other Exchange Server 2010 configurations, you do not have to apply the update rollup on the servers in a certain order.
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update rollup, you must have Exchange Server 2010 SP2 installed.
Note Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 before you apply this update rollup.
Restart requirementThe required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 2903903.
ReferencesFor more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2903903 - Last Review: 12/10/2013 21:01:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew atdownload kbhotfixrollup KB2903903