File, Send To, Mail Recipient, or Mail Recipient (as Attachment) missing in Outlook Express
- Find the full path of the Win.ini file. To do so:
- Click Start, point to Search, and then click For files or folders.
- In the Search for files or folders named box, type win.ini. In the Look in list, select drive C. Then, click Search Now.
- In the right pane, note the full path of the Win.ini file. If more than one file is listed, choose the file whose path begins C:\Windows or C:\Winnt.
- Start Notepad. To do so, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Notepad.
- Open the Win.ini file. To do so, in Notepad, on the File menu, click Open. In the Look in box, type the full path name of the Win.ini file that you noted in step c.
- Find the section that begins with [Mail], and then add the following lines. Some lines may already exist, but you need all of them for this feature.[Mail]
- Click Save, and then quit Notepad.
- Click Start, click Shut Down, and then click Restart the Computer.
Article ID: 290797 - Last Review: 01/31/2007 19:05:28 - Revision: 3.3
- kbprb KB290797