Time zone changes for Jordan, Brazil, and Fiji
JordanJordan announced last year that, on December 20, 2013, it would no longer use the daylight saving time (DST) schedule that it observed in 2012 and 2013. Starting this year, the country returns to the schedule that it observed from 2006 to 2011. This update changes the DST start and end dates for Jordan.
More specifically, this update sets DST for Jordan "(UTC+02:00) Amman" for 2014 and beyond as follows:
- Sets the DST start date for Jordan at 00:00:00.000 on the Friday that follows the last Thursday of March.
- Sets the DST end date at 01:00:00.000 on the last Friday of October.
|Time zone key name||Display name||DST start||DST end|
|Jordan Standard Time||(UTC+2:00) Amman||Friday following the last Thursday of March at 00:00:00.000||Last Friday of October at 01:00:00.000|
BrazilBrazil made a time zone change effective November 10, 2013 that restores the state of Acre (capital, Rio Branco) to S.A. Pacific Standard Time (UTC-05:00). In 2008, we removed "Rio Branco" from the display name of the S.A. Pacific Standard time zone after Brazil moved Acre to UTC-4:00.
More specifically, this update sets the display name of the S.A. Pacific Standard time zone to "(UTC-05:00) Bogota, Lima, Quito, Rio Branco."
FijiFiji announced that the country's DST schedule for this year ends at 02:00:00:000 on January 19.
How to obtain this update
Microsoft Download CenterThe updates are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
- Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file. For more information about the most recent DST cumulative update for August 2013, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:2904266 December 2013 cumulative time zone update for Windows operating systems
- If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft Update CatalogThis hotfix is also available from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- Windows Embedded Standard 7 Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows XP Service Pack 2
Restart requirementYou may have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previous hotfixes.
Registry informationTo apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Article ID: 2922717 - Last Review: 03/26/2014 20:02:00 - Revision: 6.0
Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation, Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Foundation, Windows Server 2012 Essentials, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Starter, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 Standard, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3, Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbfix KB2922717