Description of the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.7 hotfix
Issues that the update fixesThe hotfix resolves the following issues:
- 2926056 Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.7 crashes when you plug or unplug a USB headset or an external monitor
- 2927775 Can't sign in or see contact pictures in Lync for Mac 2011 when system time zone is set to UTC+8 or an earlier time zone
- 2909669 Presence status isn’t updated based on Outlook for Mac 2011 calendar in Lync for Mac 2011
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.7 hotfix, you must uninstall any version of Lync for Mac 2011 that is earlier than Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4 on your computer. Additionally, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5, or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets the operating system version prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To determine which version of Lync for Mac 2011 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open Lync for Mac 2011.
- On the Lync menu, click About Lync.
How to obtain the update
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft website:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
For more information about resources for Lync for Mac 2011, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2926055 - Last Review: 06/25/2014 04:25:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2926055