"Device context was destroyed" error when applications crash in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
In Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2, you experience one of the following issues:
- Microsoft Office applications crash.
- An application that was developed by using the Microsoft DirectComposition component crashes.
Additionally, you receive the following error message:
A device context was destroyed while inside a BeginDraw/EndDraw block.
To resolve this issue, install update 2919355. For more information about how to obtain update 2919355, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 Update April, 2014
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2927936 - Last Review: 04/08/2014 17:39:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows RT 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2927936