Cannot move a mailbox after you install Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU3 (KB2891587)
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 server that is configured as follows:
- The target mailbox database has a passive copy.
- The DataMoveReplicationConstraint property on the target mailbox database is set to something other than None.
For more information about how the DataMoveReplicationConstraint property works, see Exchange 2010 Mailbox Moves and Mailbox Resiliency.
- The mailbox server that hosts the passive copy has the DatabaseCopyAutoActivationPolicy property set to Blocked.
- You install the Service Pack 3 Rollup Update 3 (KB2891587) for Exchange Server 2010.
This issue occurs because Microsoft Replication server marks the status of the passive copy as Failed even if the passive copy is healthy. Be aware that Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus does not show the status of the passive copy as Failed in this situation. The failed passive copy status is something that is internal to the Microsoft Exchange Replication service code logic.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
2936871 Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3
To work around this issue, use of the following methods.
- Set the DatabaseCopyAutoActivationPolicy property on the mailbox server that hosts the passive copy to IntraSiteOnly or Unrestricted. For example, you can use Windows PowerShell as follows:
Set-MailboxServer –identity MBX2013 – DatabaseCopyAutoActivationPolicy Unrestricted
- Move the mailbox.
For more information, see Set-MailboxServer.
- Set the "DataMoveReplicationConstraint" property on the target mailbox database to None. For example, you can use PowerShell as follows:
Set-MailboxDatabase -identity "TargetDatabase" -DataMoveReplicationConstraint NoneNote To make the change take effect immediately, you have to restart the Microsoft Exchange Replication Service.
- Move the mailboxes.
- Change the "DataMoveReplicationConstraint" property back to its original setting.
Article ID: 2932402 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 22:00:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3
- kbsurveynew kbqfe kbfix KB2932402