Error "E_NOTIMPL" when you retreive thumbnails for video or audio files in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- You have a video or audio file that is placed in the "C:\Users\<user_name>" directory.
- You use the IThumbnailProvider::GetThumbnail method to obtain a thumbnail of this file.
In this scenario, error "E_NOTIMPL" occurs, and you cannot retrieve the thumbnail.
To resolve this issue, install update 2919355. For more information about how to obtain update 2919355, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 Update April, 2014
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2937440 - Last Review: 04/08/2014 23:15:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2937440