MS14-046: Description of the security update for the .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 on Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2: August 12, 2014
- For individual, small business and organizational users, use the Windows automatic updating feature to install the fixes from Microsoft Update. To do this, see Get security updates automatically on the Microsoft Safety and Security Center website.
- For IT professionals, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS14-046 on the Security TechCenter website.
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
More information about this security update
Download informationThis update is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center.
Command-line switches for this updateLearn about the various command-line switches that are supported by this Microsoft .NET Framework update.
Restart informationThis update does not require a system restart after you apply it unless files that are being updated are locked or are being used.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces updates 2898858, 2833947, 2844287, 2863253, 2804580, 2789646, 2686833 and 2656374.
Update removal informationNote We do not recommend that you remove any security update.
To remove this update, use the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
File informationThe English (United States) version of this update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following downloadable .csv file. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
The following .csv file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Applies toThis article applies to the following:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 when used with:
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
Article ID: 2937608 - Last Review: 07/11/2016 07:01:00 - Revision: 5.0
- kbsecvulnerability kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbbug atdownload KB2937608