MS14-023: Vulnerability in Microsoft Office could allow remote code execution
- For individual, small business, and organizational users, use the Windows automatic updating feature to install the fixes from Microsoft Update. To do this, see Get security updates automatically on the Microsoft Safety and Security Center website.
- For IT professionals, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS14-023 on the Security TechCenter website.
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
More information about this security update
Known issues and additional information about this security updateThe following articles contain additional information about this security update as it relates to individual product versions. The articles may contain known issue information. If this is the case, the known issue is listed below each article link.
- 2880463 MS14-023: Description of the security update for Office Proofing Tools 2013: May 13, 2014
- 2878316 MS14-023: Description of the security update for Office 2013: May 13, 2014
- 2878284 MS14-023: Description of the security update for Office 2010 Proofing Tools: May 13, 2014
The following is the known issue in security update 2878284. For more information about this known issue, see security update 2878284.
- After you install this security update, you cannot uninstall the Microsoft Simplified Chinese Grammar Checker.
- 2767772 MS14-023: Description of the security update for Office Proofing Tools 2007: May 13, 2014
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
Applies toThis article applies to the following:
- Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2013
- Microsoft Office 2010 Proofing Tools
- Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2007
Article ID: 2961037 - Last Review: 05/13/2014 17:55:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbsecvulnerability kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbbug atdownload KB2961037