OneDrive for Business sync app doesn’t finish installing, or setup runs every time that you sign in to your Windows profile
This article contains information that applies when you use the OneDrive for Business sync client (groove.exe).
Note To determine which OneDrive sync client you're using, see the following Microsoft website:
When you try to install the Microsoft OneDrive for Business sync app, you experience one of the following issues:
- The setup process doesn't finish.
- The setup process finishes, but it runs again every time that you sign in to your Windows profile.
This issue occurs when you try to install the OneDrive for Business sync app on a computer that uses one of the following profile types:
Additionally, the OneDrive for Business sync app isn’t supported for client sessions that are hosted on Windows 2008 Terminal Services or Windows 2012 Remote Desktop Services (RDS).
For the OneDrive for Business sync app to work as designed, the following requirements must be met:
- The application must be installed on the local computer.
- The user must be able to write to the user profile.
- Data that's written to the user profile must be saved to the local hard disk and be available without a network connection.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website.
Article ID: 2965687 - Last Review: 05/20/2016 14:45:00 - Revision: 7.0
Microsoft SharePoint Online, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013, OneDrive for Business
- o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 KB2965687