Description of the "White space between pages" option in Word
When you select the White space between pages option, Word controls the white space of any newly created documents as well as the current document according to the following rules and special cases:
Behavior Explanation--------------------------------------------------------------------------Per Window When the option is set and multiple documents are open at the same time, the document with focus is affected; other open documents are not affected. Per Document When you save and close a document, the setting is retained in the document. If the document is open when you create a new document, the new document acquires the setting. For example, if white space is hidden in the document you open, white space will be hidden in new documents you create.Per user option Set on a per user basis. The setting is stored in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key with other Options settings.Backwards compatibility If you open the document in Word 2000 or Word 97, the setting is ignored. However, because the setting is stored in the document, you can edit the document in Word 97 or Word 2000, save the file, and this setting will not be lost when you reopen the document in Word 2002 or in a later version. Special zoom behavior When you zoom to show more than one page in print layout view, the white space in the document will be displayed regardless of the state of the option. The "White space between pages" option is unavailable (dimmed). Adjusting the Zoom percentage to show one page returns the view to the previous state.Special page element behavior Adding a page border, page numbers, header, or footer resets the "White space between pages" option. To hide the white space, click to clear the "White space between pages" check box. Special process behavior When finding or replacing text or when proofing the document in the foreground, if Word finds an item in the header or footer area, Word switches to Normal view and displays the item in a pane below the document. The state of "White space between pages" option does not change.
- On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the View tab and then click to select or clear the White space between pages check box.
- Rest the mouse pointer over the gray area above or below a page and then click when you see the Hide White Space or Show White Space pointer.
- Follow these steps:
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
- In the left pane, click Customize.
- In the Choose commands from list, click All Commands.
- Click White Space Between Pages, click Add, and then click OK. The White Space Between Pages option will appear on the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Rest the mouse pointer over the gray area above or below a page and then click when you see the Double-click to hide white space or Double-click to show white space
Artikli ID: 297564 – viimati läbi vaadatud: 01/31/2007 19:13:57 – redaktsioon: 2.1
- kbhowto KB297564