Description of Cumulative Update 2 for the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Clients for Linux and Unix
Changes to supported client operating systemsAdds support for Ubuntu Server version 14.04 (LTS) for x86-based and x64-based systems.
Issues that are fixed
Unix and Linux clients
- Linux computers that use UEFI firmware fail to parse the SMBIOS table, and the following error message is logged in the scxcmprovider.log file:datetime Warning [scx.providers.ComputerSystem_Class_Provider:291:2211:139679407896384] Failed to read attributes because Internal Error: failed to ParseSmbiosTable.
- The default logging level for the Providers log file is set to INFO.
- The operating system version inventory is not updated if a Linux operating system is upgraded.
- Files that are installed by the Configuration Manager client may have the incorrect owner after installation. For example:drwxr-xr-x 2 1002 users 1024 May 9 14:08 bin
drwxr-xr-x 2 1002 users 1024 Mar 29 07:35 bin_098
drwxr-xr-x 2 1002 users 1024 Mar 29 07:35 bin_100
How to obtain Cumulative Update 2 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager for UNIX and Linux ClientsThe client update for UNIX and Linux computers can be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center.
Learn how to upgrade UNIX and Linux clients.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Note We recommend that you close the Configuration Manager Administrator Console before you install this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces all previously released updates for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager for UNIX and Linux clients.
How to determine the installation of this cumulative updateThis cumulative update changes the following Configuration Manager version number.
ClientTo determine the client version number, run the following command:
Note The client version number of this update is 5.00.7958.1024.
New cumulative update servicing model for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
Article ID: 2976481 - Last Review: 06/20/2015 23:43:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2976481