Improvements to the WebGL renderer in Internet Explorer 11
This update provides improved performance and new features for the WebGL renderer. The following list summarizes the new improvements for the WebGL renderer:
- 16-bit textures for ArrayBuffer, CanvasImageData, canvas element, and HTMLImageElement input.
- Instancing that uses the ANGLE_instanced_arrays extension to upload a single geometry and make one draw request for the GPU to then reproduce it.
- LINE_LOOP as a shape type for drawArrays, drawArraysInstancedANGLE, drawElements, and drawElementsInstancedANGLE APIs.
- UNSIGNED_BYTE element arrays as indexes into vertex buffers.
- Triangle fans for drawArrays, drawArraysInstancedANGLE, drawElements, and drawElementsInstancedANGLE APIs.
- Float matrices in addition to floats and float vector attributes as inputs for a vertex shader.
- Control context creation based on system performance.
- Web driver updates for Windows 7 SP1 that display the WebGL renderer in hardware mode.
The improvements to the WebGL renderer were introduced in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS14-051
For information about how to install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, read the instructions on Microsoft Update
For technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft website:
For more information, go to the following websites:
Article ID: 2991001 - Last Review: 08/12/2014 16:46:00 - Revision: 1.0
Internet Explorer 11
- kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2991001